Athena L. Richardson
- 1994, Doctor of Medicine - Boston University
- 1997, Residency - Tampa General Hospital
Athena L. Richardson, M.D., joined the Alliance in 1999.
Dr. Richardson received her undergraduate degree from Tougaloo College, Tougaloo, Mississippi (Summa Cum Laude, 1990) and her Doctor of Medicine magna cum laude from the Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA (Magna Cum Laude, 1994). She completed her residency in Pediatrics at the University of South Florida -Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, Florida (1997).
She has been Board Certified with the American Board of Pediatrics since 1997.
Dr. Richardson is married and has two children. She enjoys swimming and tennis, and is a member of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. and the Junior League of St. Petersburg.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- Aetna U.S. Health Care
- AvMed Health Plan
- Beacon Health Plan/FL Health Choice
- Beech St/Capp Care
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO/PPO/TRAD
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Network Blue
- Cigna - PPO/HMO only
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems
- First Health/Coventry
- Great West
- Humana - Choice Care
- Humana - HMO/PPO/EPO
- Humana Tricare
- Interplan Health Group
- Medicaid* (limited)
- PHCS (PPO and MD Products Only)
- Sunshine Health
- United Health Care
More About Insurances We Accept
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Florida Pediatric Society
- Hillsborough County Pediatric Society
- All Children's Hospital
- Bayfront Medical Center
- St. Petersburg General Hospital