Christopher L. Tappan
- 1994, Doctor of Medicine - University of South Florida
- 1997, Residency - Tampa General Hospital
Christopher L. Tappan, M.D., joined the Alliance in 1997. He was formerly with one of founding practices (Tampa Bay Pediatrics) of Pediatric Health Care Alliance.
Dr. Tappan received his undergraduate degree from the University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida (1990) and his Doctor of Medicine from the University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida (1994). He completed his residency in Pediatrics at University of South Florida –Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, Florida (1997).
Dr. Tappan has been Board Certified with the American Board of Pediatrics since 1997.
In 2009, Dr. Tappan was named 1st Runner Up "Best Pediatrician" in a Tampa Tribune Readers Poll for the Brandon community.
He has been selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® from 1996-2014. Physicians are chosen through an exhaustive peer-review survey that asks: "If you or a loved one needed a doctor in your specialty, to whom would you refer them?" Only physicians who earned the consensus support of their peers were included.
Dr. Tappan is married with two children, and enjoys traveling, scuba diving, and boating. He is also actively involved with the many extra -curricular activities of his children, including baseball, soccer, dance, and gymnastics.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- Aetna U.S. Health Care
- AvMed Health Plan
- Beacon Health Plan/FL Health Choice
- Beech St/Capp Care
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO/PPO/TRAD
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Network Blue
- Cigna - PPO/HMO only
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems
- Great West
- Humana - Choice Care
- Humana - HMO/PPO/EPO
- Humana Tricare
- Interplan Health Group
- MediPass/Medicaid* (limited)
- PHCS (PPO and MD Products Only)
- Sunshine Health
- United Health Care
- United M-Plus*
More About Insurances We Accept
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Florida Medical Association
- Hillsborough County Medical Association
- Hillsborough County Pediatric Society
- All Children's Hospital
- St. Joseph's Hospital