Christopher L. Tappan
- 1994, Doctor of Medicine - University of South Florida
- 1997, Residency - Tampa General Hospital
Christopher L. Tappan, M.D., joined PHCA in 1997 at our former Bloomingdale Office, which later moved to the FishHawk area in 2005 and is now our FishHawk Office.
Dr. Tappan received his undergraduate degree from the University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida (1990) and his Doctor of Medicine from the University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida (1994). He completed his residency in Pediatrics at University of South Florida –Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, Florida (1997).
He has been Board Certified with the American Board of Pediatrics since 1997.
Dr. Tappan is married with two children, and enjoys traveling, scuba diving, and boating. He is also actively involved with the many extra -curricular activities of his children, including baseball, soccer, dance, and gymnastics.
Dr. Tappan has been continually selected by his peers for inclusion in the biennial Best Doctors in America® list, from 1996-2020. Physicians are chosen through an exhaustive peer-review survey that asks: "If you or a loved one needed a doctor in your specialty, to whom would you refer them?" Only physicians who earned the consensus support of their peers are included.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- Aetna U.S. Health Care
- AvMed Health Plan
- BayCare Health Network
- Beacon Health Plan/FL Health Choice
- Beech St/Capp Care
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO/PPO/TRAD
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Network Blue
- Cigna - PPO/HMO only
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems
- Florida Hospital Healthcare System
- Great West
- Humana - Choice Care
- Humana - HMO/PPO/EPO
- Humana Tricare
- Interplan Health Group
- Medicaid* (limited)
- PHCS (PPO and MD Products Only)
- Simply Health
- United Health Care
More About Insurances We Accept
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Florida Medical Association
- Hillsborough County Medical Association
- Hillsborough County Pediatric Society
- All Children's Hospital
- St. Joseph's Hospital