Gerard R. Hough
- 1977, Doctor of Medicine - SUNY at Upstate (Syracuse)
- 1980, Residency - Tampa General Hospital
Gerard R. Hough, M.D., joined the Alliance in 1999.
Dr. Hough received his undergraduate degree from Siena College, Loudonville, New York (1973) and his Doctor of Medicine from S.U.N.Y. at Upstate Medical School, Syracuse, New York (1977). He completed his internship (1978) and residency (1980) in Pediatrics at University of South Florida – Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, Florida.
Dr. Hough has been Board Certified with the American Board of Pediatrics since 1983.
He has been elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® from 1996-2016. Best Doctors® is a leading resource for linking consumers with expert medical care. Physicians are chosen through an exhaustive peer-review survey that asks: "If you or a loved one needed a doctor in your specialty, to whom would you refer them?" Only physicians who earned the consensus support of their peers were included.
Dr. Hough is married and has two children. He is very active in his community and serves as a physician advisor for Focus on the Family, Brandon Crisis Pregnancy Center, and La Victoria Medical Mission in the Dominican Republic. He also volunteers his time to the Brandon Outreach Clinic. When he's not spending time with his family or donating his services, he enjoys marathon running, playing racquetball and trail biking.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- Aetna U.S. Health Care
- AvMed Health Plan
- Beacon Health Plan/FL Health Choice
- Beech St/Capp Care
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO/PPO/TRAD
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Network Blue
- Cigna - PPO/HMO only
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems
- Great West
- Humana - Choice Care
- Humana - HMO/PPO/EPO
- Humana Tricare
- Interplan Health Group
- Medicaid* (limited)
- PHCS (PPO and MD Products Only)
- Sunshine Health
- United Health Care
- BayCare Health Network
- Florida Hospital Healthcare System
More About Insurances We Accept
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Medical Ethics
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Florida Medical Association
- Florida Pediatric Society
- Hillsborough County Medical Association
- Hillsborough County Pediatric Society
- All Children's Hospital
- Brandon Regional Hospital