Kevin J. Whitworth
- 2011, Doctor of Medicine - The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
- 2015, Pediatrics Residency - University of South Florida
Kevin Whitworth, MD joined PHCA in 2017 at our Brandon Community Office.
His previous experience includes both primary and emergency pediatric care at a hospital in Georgia, where he was Director of Pediatrics and served on several committees overseeing hospital policies and quality improvements. He also helped establish a support group for breastfeeding mothers.
Dr. Whitworth earned his Bachelor of Science in Premedicine in 2006, and his Doctor of Medicine in 2011, both from Pennsylvania State University. As a pediatric resident at University of South Florida, he received training at both All Children’s Hospital and Tampa General Hospital.
He has been Board Certified with the American Board of Pediatrics since 2014.
Dr. Whitworth has a particular interest in preventive medicine, breastfeeding support, and caring for patients with chronic medical conditions.
He is married with two young children. In his free time, he enjoys running, playing golf and soccer, and traveling.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- Aetna U.S. Health Care
- AvMed Health Plan
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO/PPO/TRAD
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Network Blue
- Cigna - PPO/HMO only
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems
- First Health/Coventry
- Great West
- Humana - Choice Care
- Humana - HMO/PPO/EPO
- Humana Tricare
- Interplan Health Group
- Medicaid* (limited)
- PHCS (PPO and MD Products Only)
- Sunshine Health
- United Health Care
More About Insurances We Accept
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Brandon Regional Hospital