Margarita P. Torres
- 1982, Doctor of Medicine - Universidad de San Carlos (Guatemala, Central America)
- 1989, Residency - Tampa General Hospital
- 1991, Fellowship in Pediatric Genetics - Tampa General Hospital
Margarita P. Torres, M.D. joined the Alliance in 1997 from Pediatric Medical Center, which was one of the founding practices of PHCA.
Dr. Torres received her undergraduate degree from Colegio de El Sagrado Corazon, San Salvador, El Salvador (1975) and her Doctor of Medicine from Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala, Guatemala, Central America (1982). She completed her internship (1986) and residency (1989) in Pediatrics at University of South Florida - Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, Florida. Dr. Torres completed her fellowship in Pediatric Genetics at University of South Florida - Tampa General Hospital (1991).
She has been Board Certified with the American Board of Pediatrics since 1993. She speaks English and Spanish.
Dr. Torres has been elected by her peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® from 2007-2016. Best Doctors® is a leading resource for linking consumers with expert medical care. Physicians are chosen through an exhaustive peer-review survey that asks: "If you or a loved one needed a doctor in your specialty, to whom would you refer them?" Only physicians who earned the consensus support of their peers were included.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- Aetna U.S. Health Care
- AvMed Health Plan
- Beech St/Capp Care
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO/PPO/TRAD
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Network Blue
- Cigna - PPO/HMO only
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems
- Great West
- Humana - Choice Care
- Humana - HMO/PPO/EPO
- Humana Tricare
- Interplan Health Group
- Medicaid* (limited)
- PHCS (PPO and MD Products Only)
- Sunshine Health
- United Health Care
- BayCare Health Network
- Florida Hospital Healthcare System
More About Insurances We Accept
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Hillsborough County Pediatric Society
- St. Joseph's Hospital