- 1985, Doctor of Medicine - University of South Florida
- 1988, Residency - Tampa General Hospital
Melody Baade, M.D. joined Pediatric Health Care Alliance as a founding member in 1997.
She grew up two blocks from the beach in Ponce Inlet, Florida, and knew she wanted to be a pediatrician ever since she was a child.
"I love the innocence of childhood and am grateful to have a role in watching children grow and guiding parents in raising happy, healthy young adults."
She is married and has three children and two grandchildren. In her free time she enjoys trail riding with her chestnut mare, Dixie, as well as hiking, jogging, singing in her church choir, and participating in Christian education and service. She is a volunteer physician at the Judeo Christian Coalition clinic and serves as a volunteer faculty member for the USF Department of Pediatrics.
Dr. Baade has been continually selected by her peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America®, from 1996-2018. Best Doctors® is a leading resource for linking consumers with expert medical care. Physicians are chosen through an exhaustive peer-review survey that asks: "If you or a loved one needed a doctor in your specialty, to whom would you refer them?" Only physicians who earned the consensus support of their peers were included.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- Aetna U.S. Health Care
- Amerigroup (now Simply Health)
- AvMed Health Plan
- BayCare Health Network
- Beacon Health Plan/FL Health Choice
- Beech St/Capp Care
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO/PPO/TRAD
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Network Blue
- Cigna - PPO/HMO only
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems
- Florida Hospital Healthcare System
- Great West
- Humana - Choice Care
- Humana - HMO/PPO/EPO
- Humana Tricare
- Interplan Health Group
- Medicaid* (limited)
- PHCS (PPO and MD Products Only)
- United Health Care
More About Insurances We Accept
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Hillsborough County Pediatric Society
- St. Joseph's Hospital