If your child has tested positive for COVID-19 and is age 12 years or older, your child may be eligible for monoclonal antibody treatment. This treatment has Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA and has been shown to prevent the virus from worsening and spreading.
Below please find details information about the appropriateness of this treatment for patients, the process for obtaining treatment, and the availability in our area.
NOTE: Patients receiving monoclonal antibody treatments must wait 90 days post treatment before receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Patients ages 12 years and older who have tested positive for COVID-19
- Patients experiencing mild/moderate symptoms
- Patients who are considered high risk for progression to severe COVID-19, including hospitalization
- Patients must be within 7-10 days of symptom onset, see treatment location for requirements
The majority of children infected with COVID-19 are not at high risk for hospitalization and death; however, children who meet certain criteria or those with underlying medical conditions are considered high risk for complications, hospitalization, and death.
- Immunocompromised and obese children are at high risk and should be considered to receive monoclonal antibody treatment.
- Children with other underlying conditions, such as diabetes, congenital heart disease, asthma, sickle cell disease, chronic kidney disease, chronic pulmonary disease, and other medically complex conditions should also be considered.
There are multiple treatment centers available in the Tampa Bay area. Please note private facilities may require a referral from your pediatrician, which are noted below. Patients may self-refer to Florida Department of Health Facilities.
> Tampa General Hospital
> BayCare Health System
- **Provider referral required**
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Medical Arts Building: 3003 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Tampa, FL, 33607
- Morton Plant Hospital: 607 Jeffords St, Clearwater, FL, 33756
- Hours & Referral Form
> Florida Department of Health
- **Self-referral accepted**
- Hillsborough County: Kings Forest Park, 8008 E Chelsea St, Tampa, FL
- Pasco County: Fasano Center, 11611 Denton Avenue, Hudson, FL
- Pinellas County: Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 409 Old Coachman Rd., Clearwater, Florida
- FAQ, Locations & Scheduling
- FL Health - Hillsborough County COVID-19 Resource Page
- FL Health - Pasco County COVID-19 Resource Page
- FL Health - Pinellas County Monoclonal Antibody Location
> Additional Locations