Our growing alliance of pediatricians brings together vast knowledge and experience to provide optimal physical, emotional, and psychological development as your child grows. PHCA has been awarded national recognition as a Patient-Centered Medical Home from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
Here are some of the ways in which we fulfill the goals and criteria of a medical home:
Accessible & Family-Centered
- Same-day services for most illnesses
- Separate well and sick waiting areas
- 24-hour answering service
- Pediatric nurse triage service (available after regular office hours)
- Convenient neighborhood locations
- Extended weekday hours at select locations
- Weekend urgent care at select locations.
- Evening Hours Offices in Brandon, Carrollwood, South Tampa, and Wesley Chapel, available to all patients from any PHCA office
Culturally Effective Staffing
- Multilingual pediatricians and staff
- Diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Female and male pediatricians available
- Appointment reminders two days in advance
- Email newsletter with office updates, child health news, and other pertinent information
- Secure online communication via patient portal
Developmental and Behavioral Health
We offer consultative visits to address concerns in developmental and behavioral health areas such as developmental delays, depression, anxiety, learning disorders and other school problems. If there are concerns about your child experiencing any of these issues, our dedicated Developmental and Behavioral Health team offers in-house medical evaluations and follow-up care.
Ryan A. Baker, MD and Briana Jones, APRN specialize in the diagnosis and management of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), ADHD, and other developmental-behavioral health disorders. Ally Chase, our Licensed Mental Health Counselor, provides individualized counseling services to patients and families to manage emotional wellbeing.
Our Developmental and Behavioral Health team will continue to expand to help meet all of your child’s medical needs and can be reached at (813) 471-9709. We also maintain an updated list of community resources if your pediatrician feels care is needed that is outside of our scope of practice.